“The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live.”
- 2 ounces of fresh basil (sort of hard to measure in cups, probably 4 cups)
- 1 cup raw organic walnuts (you could also toast the walnuts, but do not if making raw)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh lemon (to taste)
- ½ cup olive oil (or preferred oil)
- ½ teaspoon garlic granules (or one clove of fresh garlic – or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Place toasted walnuts in food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add basil, garlic granules, salt and pulse.
- Add the avocado and pulse until incorporated.
- Test for seasoning.
Pesto is best served at room temperature (in my opinion)
- 7 black mission figs, quartered
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- A few turns of the pepper grinder
- Walnut oil
- Add figs, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and lemon to food processor, blend until Incorporated
- Drizzle in oil until creamy