My sweet husband celebrated his birthday on Sunday. When asked what he wanted for his birthday dessert he declared, “Oh, your pumpkin brownies! and mint chocolate chip ice cream.”
Done and done my love.
His all-time favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip. Our local Coop carries the coconut version and a few months ago I finally made my own batch. And I kick myself for waiting so long. It’s soooo easy to make and absolutely delicious.
- 2 cans [url href=”http:http://astore.amazon.com/thetastyalter-20/detail/B001HTJ2BQ//”]coconut milk[/url]
- 1 teaspoon [url href=”http:/http://astore.amazon.com/thetastyalter-20/detail/B000WS3AE8/”]vanilla extract[/url]
- 2 1/2 teaspoons[url href=”http:http://astore.amazon.com/thetastyalter-20/detail/B003UKC2UI//”] peppermint extract[/url]
- 1/3 cup [url href=”http://http://astore.amazon.com/thetastyalter-20/detail/B00248E980″]grade B maple syrup [/url]or honey
- 1/2 cup shaved chocolate (any chocolate bar will do)
- Melted[url href=”httphttp://astore.amazon.com/thetastyalter-20/detail/B00AMX1AZ4://”] Enjoy Life chocolate chips[/url] makes a great chocolate drizzle
- Add coconut milk, vanilla, peppermint & maple syrup (or honey) to blender and blend until incorporated, add to ice cream maker.
- Check ice cream maker after about 15 minutes. When the mixture thickens up a bit and about to get super thick, add in chocolate shavings and continue mixing.
- Remove mixture from ice cream maker when a ball of ice cream forms
- Transfer ice cream to glass storage and place in freezer for a few hours
- Remove from freezer about 20 minutes before serving
- Melt remaining chocolate for drizzling when ready to serve