(click on links for where to buy)
-2 cups certified gluten-free rolled oats
-1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
-1/2 cup raw organic almonds
-1/2 cup raw organic walnuts
-1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
-2 tablespoons hemp seeds
-1 tablespoon chia seeds
-1/4 cup coconut sugar
-Pinch of salt
-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1 teaspoon ground ginger
-1/2 cup local honey (vegans use maple syrup or coconut nectar)
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-3 tablespoons melted coconut oil here or here
Preheat oven to 350
1. Combine oats and shredded coconut in a large bowl.
2. Add the almonds to a food processor (with S-blade), and chop up until they are in little bits, then add almonds to the oats and shredded coconut.
3. Add the walnuts and pumpkin seeds to a food processor and chop until they are in small bits, add to mixture.
4. Then to the bowl add the hemp, chia, salt, ginger and cinnamon.
5. In separate bowl add honey, coconut oil and vanilla. Mix well with spatchula (I use a silicone).
6. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix (with hands preferably) until the entire mixture is well incorporated and moist. Now allow this mixture to rest for about 10 minutes.
7. Put a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Spread the granola out on the parchment paper. Please note that when you spread out the granola, it needs to be in a very thin layer with small holes of parchment paper showing through. This allows the heat to cook all around the granola and latch it together.
8. Bake for 10 minutes exactly (not a second longer). Transfer the parchment paper to a cooling rack. The granola will be soft out of the oven, but become hard once cooled.
Festive Coconut Ginger Granola