Last year I finally bought myself a mini muffin pan…and I love it! I try to keep snack time creative and healthy for the kiddos and mini muffins were a perfect new addition. I love using almond flour for the muffins, as they are packed with protein. Any flavor combo is possible and I adore that they are easy to make, easy to pack, and easy to eat. Today I am sharing blueberry, as blueberries are in season and such a delightful little berry. I also use cherry, strawberry, or raspberry or any combo of each. The kids also love banana chocolate chip, which I will share soon. Have you ever made mini muffins? I am addicted!
- 2 cups Honeyville almond flour (230 grams)
- ½ cup tapioca starch/flour (60 grams)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs (room temp is best)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup small blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the eggs until they are light and fluffy. Then mix in all the other wet ingredients and mix well
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, making sure to get out the almond flour chunks
- Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well
- Let the batter rest of about 5 minutes
- Wash and dry the blueberries and try to find smaller ones for this recipe, as these are mini muffins
- Add the blueberries to the batter and fold them in
- Fill mini muffin pan to the top with batter - take from others to fill the last few if you're short on batter
- I like to lightly grease the muffin tins with a little coconut oil to prevent sticking, but the pan should be nonstick
- Bake on the middle rack for 11 minutes exactly and check for doneness. Bake an additional minute or two if needed. The bottoms will brown quickly due to the almond flour - do not over bake.
- Remove from oven and promptly pop them out with fork onto a cooling rack
- Store in air-tight container in fridge. Makes 24 mini muffins.
*Honeyville almond flour can also be found at Costco (in some areas).
This post was shared on the following link parties: Mix it up Monday, Busy Monday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Keep it Simple, Munching Mondays, Show and Tell Tuesday Link Party, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Waste Not Want Not Wednesdays, Full Plate Thursday