Hello friends. I am not a doctor, or holistic expert, or certified in any alternative healing practice. But I am a person who lives with a chronic inflammatory disease…Crohn’s disease. I have been on a loooong healing journey and this journey has lead me down many roads of diets, herbs, oils, teas, and whatever else you could possibly think of, I’ve tried over these last 12 years. Most recently I’ve made a breakthrough connection between my Crohn’s flares and stress that has provided me with an enormous amount of power and control over my health…and I hope to share this with you very soon. But for now, I want to share a little bit about turmeric and how I’ve been using it in my healing regimen. A few months ago my sweet beautiful friend Julia showed me a turmeric tincture she made and was raving about. I told her I have turmeric capsules that I use once in a while for inflammation, but didn’t feel a big difference. I tried her tincture and loved it. So I made myself a batch. I have to say, I feel the difference and the tincture feels more powerful than the capsules (for some reason). I don’t know, maybe it’s just placebo, but I can tell it decreases intestinal inflammation..and decreases pain. Here is an excellent article about turmeric with research to back up health claims. But please also read about turmeric’s side effects here. Continue reading
Category Archives: better digestion tips
- 3½ pounds carrots, washed and tips chopped off
- 8 oranges, peeled
- 3 large cucumbers (about 2 pounds) washed
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut into long chunks
- 10 ounces of spinach, washed
- 1½ pounds kale, washed
- Optional: 4 apples
- Juice all the veggies (FYI: the veggie pulp makes a delicious vegetable stock)
- Juice the orange and pineapple
- Mix together in a large pot
- Pour into favorite storage containers and place in freezer.
- Defrost what you need, when you need it, and enjoy a green drink all month long!