I’ve shared before that I often eat and blog. I’m doing it right now in fact. Eating this cooking (on number 5 to be exact). Sigh, this is the beginning of something. Something that may change my life.
1 cup dried cranberries, soaked in filtered water for about 2 hours (find unsweetened, or sweetened with only fruit juice, and always free of sulfur dioxide).
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. In food processor (fitted with S-blade) grind almonds until they release a bit of oil. Add coconut flour and blend into a light, fluffy flour. Add salt and baking soda. Blend.
2. Strain cranberries and add to food processor and pulse, pulse, pulse, until the flour is incorporated with berries and forms a ball of dough.
3. In separate bowl mix together melted oil, honey, and vanilla.
4. With hands mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients. To create cookie I recommend making a ball first, then with wet palms, press into little cookies.
5. Bake 12-13 minutes. Take care to not overcook
*I recommend storing in a closed container in the fridge or leave open to the air on your counter. Storing in closed container at room temp will cause these cookies to become very soft.
Shared on Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Traditional Tuesdays & Week 5 of Home for the Holidays: Gluten Free Style