- 1 pound of organic green or red apples, peeled and chopped (about 4). I weighed out the apples after peeling and slicing.
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice, orange juice, or lemon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup room temperature ground almonds, or almond flour (I grind my own here at home. First in the food processor, then with a coffee grinder to created a finer flour)
- 3 tablespoons room temperature coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In an 8x8 glass Pyrex baking dish, mix together the apple cranberry filling
- In a separate bowl, with hands, mix ground almonds with the room temperature coconut oil. Break up the coconut oil as much as you can. Then sprinkle on top of apple cranberry filling. You could double this topping, but I had some ground almonds sitting on my counter, so bam, I used them.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.