-1/4 teaspoon salt
How to soak and dehydrate nuts/seeds for better digestion
-1 cup almonds
-1 cup walnuts
-1/2 cup sunflower seeds
-1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
-1/2 cup dried Turkish apricots, must be finely chopped
-1/2 cup dried cranberries (sugar free, unsulfered)
Preheat oven to 350
1. Add almonds and pumpkin seeds to food processor. Pulse until they are broken down, especially the almonds. Mix around with a spoon so the larger pieces are exposed to the blades.
2. Next add the walnuts and sunflower seeds and pulse until incorporated and they are slightly chopped (this only takes a few pulses). These granola bars will only hold together if the nuts and seeds have been chopped enough. Transfer nuts and seeds to a large bowl and add the chopped dried apricots and dried cranberries.
3. Clean out food processor. Add all the wet ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the nut/seed/fruit mixture and mix WELL.
5. Spoon onto a silicone baking mat and bake on a baking sheet. I have only made this on a silicone baking mat, so I’m not sure how it will cook on any other surface. Watch for burning if on a baking sheet or parchment paper.
6. Form a large rectangle. I literally smack this together with a silicone spatula – this also pushes the ingredients together. You’ll need just over 1/2 inch in height.
7. Bake for 18 minutes. Watch for browning. Every oven is different. Check at 15 minutes. You just want a slight browning of the edges.
8. Remove the mat from baking sheet and transfer the mat to a cooling rack. Cool completely before cutting.
Makes 18 – 20 bars.
Shared on: Melt in your Mouth Mondays, Keep It Simple Mondays, Monday Mania, Mealtime Monday, Fresh Bites Friday, Fight Back Friday, Friday Food, Show Off Friday, Freaky Friday, My Meatless Monday, Just Another Meatless Monday, Fat Tuesday, Traditional Tuesdays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Scratch Cookin’ Tuesdays, Recipe Lunchbox Tuesdays, Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Real Food Wednesdays, Keep It Real Thursdays, Full Plate Thursday, Tastetastic Thursday, Fresh Bites Friday, Fight Back Friday, Friday Food, Show Off Friday, Freaky Friday,