Below are the 10 bloggers I am presenting with the Sunshine Award. (Please note that you do not have to continue on here and nominate bloggers. It’s a nice way to spread the love, but it’s not mandatory – so no pressure). I know we are all super busy with life and families. But it’s all good, and my pleasure to share these amazing bloggers with you.
Award #1: The Sunshine Award
“The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The recipients of the Sunshine Award are: “Bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogoshere.” The way the award works is this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Answer 10 questions about yourself. Select 10 of your favorite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award!”
- 1. Favorite Color: Every shade of green. Love it.
- 2. Favorite Animal: Dogs…and I think giraffes are pretty awesome.
- 3. Favorite Number: 12 (my birth-day)
- 4. Favorite Drink: Now: anything tart and cold. Pre-Crohns: A tall glass of Guiness beer.
- 5. Facebook or Twitter: Facebook. I haven’t started my Twitter account yet. I know “karazy girl”
- 6. Good Movie or Good Book: Summer, I love a good movie. Winter, I’m all about the books.
- 7. My passion: Some of you might know this from reading my “About Amber” page, but I’m a licensed clinical therapist (L.C.S.W.) and my passion is, hands down, helping others and being a part of healing and change. I love my field and this aspect of myself and my life – it’s quite fulfilling. I appreciate being a part of the healing process with individuals, families, children, etc. It ignites my heart in a way I can’t quite explain. I’m currently a stay-at-home mommy, but I very much look forward to going back to work when my children are a little older (and both in school). I’m also very passionate about the environment and issues concerning the preservation of natural resources. Lastly, and perhaps most obvious, food is a passion. And I think this blog pretty much sums that up.
- 8. Giving or Getting presents: Okay, who doesn’t LOVE to get gifts, it’s awesome. But, I love to give gifts a little more. Here’s why. I’m the type of person that puts A LOT of thought and time into gifts, so it’s fun for me to present someone I love with something awesome.
- 9. Favorite Day of the Year: My birthday of course, because it’s the one day where it’s all about me. My kids make me like 500 cards, wrap things up from around the house and present them to me (quite enthusiastically), my husband makes breakfast (and takes me out to dinner), and my best girlfriend treats me to lunch and a pedicure (and if I can manage, I’ll go out dancing with my girlfriends and rock the town…if I don’t fall asleep by 10:30 pm that is). How awesome is that!?
- 10. Favorite Flower: Sunflowers…for as long as I can remember. 🙂
1. Heba from: My Life in a Pyramid. I just adore Heba. She radiates joy and you can feel her passion for food and health in each post. She shares amazing recipes that always inspire. Heba is also passionate about holistic health (something we have in common) environmental issues such as sustainable agriculture, and the local food movement.
2. Cassidy from: Cooking Gluten and Dairy Free. Cassidy’s blog is full of knock-your-socks off yummy recipes. I love how she will take a traditional, unhealthy food (like Pop Tarts) and make an amazing healthy version. She is passionate about baking too which I appreciate and find helpful (as baking is not my forte).
3. Lillian from: Lillian’s Test Kitchen. I started watching Lillian from the beginning (it must be close to three years now). If you haven’t seen her blog and videos, you must (go there now). She makes recipes on camera…for the first time (all recipes free of: grains, dairy, soy and cane sugar). She reminds me of someone I would be good friends with in real life. She always makes me laugh – she’s witty, honest and authentic. And her show is so creative and fun. I love Lillian!
4. Stephanie from: Good Girl Gone Green. Green living is a big part of my life, my kitchen, and my blog, so I totally appreciate and love Stephanie’s blog. I just feel happy visiting her site and thankful for her environmental passion and amazing, healthy recipes.
5. Debbie from: Easy Natural Food. Debbie is another local blogger. She is the lovely host of Sunday Night Soup Night and currently, Summer Salad Sundays. She makes the most delicious recipes with seasonal ingredients. She’s such a warm, kind person and I’ve enjoyed getting to know her through blogging and emails.
6. Rebecca from: Peanut Butter, Passports and Epinephrine I love Rebecca’s spirit. She’s incredibly adventurous and her photography captures her travels and creative recipes. You’ll feel warm and happy after looking through her gorgeous pictures. I always do.
7. Kammie from: Sensual Appeal. Kammie’s blog is full of beautiful photography (well, this is her passion). Kammie is also a full time student (double majoring in psychology and advertising). She’s a busy lady, but still has time to share insights on health, delicious, healthy recipes, and her new adventures in the kitchen (which she discuses with charm and honesty). I love this girl and her spirit!
8. Gabby from: The Veggie Nook . It’s hard not to fall in love with Gabby’s blog. It’s so clean and pretty with lovely photography, but what keeps me coming back are her recipes which are made up of mostly vegan, whole unprocessed foods. And she always leaves kind, friendly comments, which I appreciate.
9. Lisa from: Allergy-Free Vintage Cookery. Lisa shares such a wealth of information on the allergy-free lifestyle, for example, her collection of posts discussing allergy-free basics, tips and suggestions, support, etc. Lisa also provides wonderful recipes for her family despite the many food allergies she has to navigate (she talks more about that here). Lisa shares her experiences with honesty and humor…always making me smile.
10. Lauren from: Empowered Sustenance. Lauren is a new blogger on the scene, and I couldn’t be more happy to find her. Lauren has taken health and healing into her own hands and is determined to heal from IBD. I’m right there with you girlfriend!! Lauren’s recipes are SCD/GAPS, sugar free, grain free and anti-candida. Take THAT disease! I thoroughly enjoy her recipes so far and look forward to many more to come.