Category Archives: SCD
*Omit raw apple garnish during a flare.
- 2 cups finely ground almond flour
- Coconut four (if needed to thicken batter)
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs: 2 whole eggs and 1 egg with just the white (omit the yolk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon lemon flavor
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup coconut oil, liquefied
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup fresh, organic blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients: almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients: eggs, vanilla, lemon flavor, lemon zest, coconut oil, and honey. Be careful when adding the melted oil to eggs, temper if you have to, or just use room temperature eggs.
- Combine and mix dry and wet ingredients
- Add the coconut flour here if you needed to thicken up the batter. Start with 1 tablespoon at a time until a nice creamy cake batter consistency developed.
- Fold blueberries into mixture
- Fill muffin cups and bake for 13-15 minutes. Yields 10 - 12 muffins
-1/2 teaspoons salt
Shared on: Shared on: Just Another Meatless Monday, Melt in your Mouth Mondays, Monday Mania, Ruth’s Real Food 101 (Mondays), Fat Tuesdays, Traditional Tuesdays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Kids in The Kitchen Tuesdays, Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Whole Food Wednesdays, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Real Food Wednesdays, Pennywise Platter Thursdays, Full Plate Platter Thursday, Wellness Weekend, Freaky Friday, Fresh Bites Fridays, Friday Food, Pot Luck Party Fridays, Feed Your Soul Friday, Fight Back Friday, Food Adventure Friday, Superfood Sunday, Potluck Party Friday
Bottomless you say…well you naughty little pie. Where is your crust? Truth be told, I’m still working on my own SCD pie crust and didn’t want to wait any longer to share this recipe with you. I do love crust, but this pie still rocks bottomless. If you’re a crust lover like me, then check out the crust recipe links below.
After my friend Laura, from Gluten Free Pantry, made her no-bake vegan key lime pie, I started dreaming about it and wanted to make a SCD version. I’m trying to “beef up” my SCD dessert list here. The only thickener allowed on SCD (aside from eggs) is gelatin. Luckily, it works just perfect for this recipe. I did try this recipe with eggs, but it was too eggy for my taste and didn’t set up quite right. If you like tart, well this dessert if for you. I LOVE tart, it’s my favorite (far more than the sweet, sweet chocolaty stuff my husband devours). The coconut cream is so sweet with a hint of lemon, and the light texture balances the thick tart lime filling. I’m in love with this. Thank you Laura for the inspiration!
- To food processor add:
- Lime juice, honey and avocado. Blend until well incorporated.
- Empty mixture in glass bowl.
- Add gelatin and whisk until incorporated
- Heat coconut milk on stove top (do not boil) and add to
- lime juice mixture. Whisk until well incorporated,
- Pour into pie dish (with or without a crust) and place in refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- After the mixture has set, top with whipped lemon coconut cream
Coconut Whipped Topping:
- To a glass bowl add the honey, vanilla and lemon flavor. Mix.
- Scoop out the coconut cream and add to the bowl.
- Mix on high with hand-held mixer until well incorporated.
- Quickly top pie and place back in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
*Add the whipped coconut cream when the lime filling is completely firm (in fridge for at least 8 hours).
*SCD Legal Crusts: Honey Gram Cracker Crust, Dan's Awesome Pie Crust, Vegan Raw Pie Crust, Deep Dish Pie Crust
-1 can of SCD legal coconut milk
I hope you love it too.
-2 cans coconut milk (this brand is SCD friendly)
-1 lb. fresh organic strawberries
-1/3 cup of honey*
-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-1/2 teaspoon almond extract (or to taste)
1. Blend all ingredients together until incorporated.
2. Immediately transfer to ice cream maker and allow to churn until thick.
3. Remove ice cream and transfer to glass storage. Store in freezer and remove 20 minutes before serving.
4. Optional: top with fresh strawberries, chopped almonds and shredded coconut.
*Vegan option: use 1/3 cup agave, maple syrup, or stevia to taste.
*This ice cream would be amazing with Vicky’s SCD friendly spounge cake!
*I often get an extra 1/2 pound of strawberries and blend them with the mixture just until they are chunky, then churn. I love the little fresh strawberry chunks in the ice cream
*You could add 1 cup finely chopped nuts or finely chopped fresh strawberries to the final few minutes in the ice cream maker.
*This recipe makes too much for my ice cream maker, so I threw some ice in with what remained in my blender and made a smoothie.
- 1 pound of organic green or red apples, peeled and chopped (about 4). I weighed out the apples after peeling and slicing.
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice, orange juice, or lemon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup room temperature ground almonds, or almond flour (I grind my own here at home. First in the food processor, then with a coffee grinder to created a finer flour)
- 3 tablespoons room temperature coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In an 8x8 glass Pyrex baking dish, mix together the apple cranberry filling
- In a separate bowl, with hands, mix ground almonds with the room temperature coconut oil. Break up the coconut oil as much as you can. Then sprinkle on top of apple cranberry filling. You could double this topping, but I had some ground almonds sitting on my counter, so bam, I used them.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.