Raw Pepperminty Nutty-Roons
Author: Amber from The Tasty Alternative
Recipe type: Raw, Paleo, Grain Free
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅔ cup raw walnuts
- ⅓ cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, honey, or coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoons peppermint flavor (or more to your preference)
- 5 drops liquid stevia (plain or flavored)
- In a food processor fitted with the S blade, add in the walnuts and cashews and blend for 20 seconds.
- Next add in the shredded coconut and blend with the nuts for another 20 seconds.
- In a small cup, mix together the maple syrup, stevia, vanilla extract, and peppermint oil.
- With the food processor running, pour in the coconut oil and the maple syrup mixture.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Scoop out mounds of the mixture and create little macaroon shapes (I use a small ice cream scooper).
- The mixture makes about 15 nutty-roons. Place them in freezer for ½ hour.
- While the nutty-roons are in the freezer, melt some chocolate*. I like to use a 1 cup glass Pyrex, placed in a pot of boiling water. This keeps the chocolate raw and melts nicely.
- Remove the nutty-roons from the freezer and dip each into the chocolate.
- Store the nutty-roons in the fridge. They hold up well at room temperature too, but I like how they taste cold.
1. You can replace maple syrup with coconut nectar (or honey if not vegan).
2. You could also make your own chocolate (see recipe below).
Recipe by The Tasty Alternative at https://thetastyalternative.com/2014/04/raw-pepperminty-nutty-roons/