Double Chocolate Hazelnut Coconut Cookies
- -1 cup whole raw hazelnuts
- -1/3 cup whole raw almonds
- -1/4 cup coconut flour
- -1/4 cup raw organic cacao
- -1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- -1/8 teaspoon salt
- -6 dried medjool dates (pitted and soaked in filtered water for about 3-4 hours)
- -1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- -1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- -3 or 4 tablespoons honey
- Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips (for the topping)
- Preheat oven to 375
- In food processor with s-blade, grind hazelnuts until coarse.
- Add almonds and blend until nuts release just a bit of oil.
- Add coconut flour, pulse. Add cacao, pulse.
- Add baking soda and salt, pulse, pulse, pulse.
- (the dry mixture should feel like a fine flour).
- Transfer dry ingredients to a bowl.
- In food processor with s-blade, add strained dates, coconut oil, vanilla, and honey and blend until incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix.
- Form small balls and press down into cookie shape
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- When cool, top cookies with melted chocolate chips.
Vegans use coconut nectar or maple syrup
Recipe by The Tasty Alternative at https://thetastyalternative.com/2012/02/double-chocolate-hazelnut-coconut-cookies/