Easy Homemade Candles
- 1 pound of soy flakes
- 4 ounce jars (any jar will work)
- Low smoke wicks
- Fragrance of choice (essential oils are great)
- Hot glue wick to the bottom of a 4 ounce jar and tie the wick it around a stick and place across the top of jar.
- Measure out 8 ounces of soy flakes and melt on a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Add in 8 drops of fragrance to melted soy flakes and mix.
- Pour mixture into 4 ounce jar.
- Allow to cool completely then cut wick, leaving about an inch.
- Decorate. How cute is that!!!
Soy is really easy to clean up (opposed to beeswax that is).
You can see all my candle making supplies here on my Amazon page.
Recipe by The Tasty Alternative at https://thetastyalternative.com/2015/12/easy-homemade-candles/