1. Deep breathing (a underestimated first defense in calming down)
2. Laughing. I love watching comedies and in general, anything funny. I like to nurture my sense of humor.
3. Wait – don’t react right away
4. Talking with my husband or a trusted friend
5. Being in nature
6. Hugging and cuddling my children
7. Keeping a clean, uncluttered home and keeping things well organized and easy to find
8. Making sure my to-do list doesn’t get too long.
9. Playing guitar
10. Keeping a one-sentence journal
11. Getting shit DONE! I don’t procrastinate.
13. Letting it go
15. Cooking and blogging. Blogging allows me to connect with others about food and health
16. Being a total goof ball (I’m not a very serious person, so this comes easy)
18. Being alone, taking time for myself
19. Reading self-help books or other uplifting books
20. Asking for help
21. Visualization. I do have a happy place. I have calming balancing images that bring me back to the present.