Hello friends. I’m super excited to share an amazing new lotion ingredient with you: mango butter! I am in love. Mango butter is a soft, non-greasy butter extracted from the mango kernel (not the meat) and it has a soft earthy scent. Here are just some of mango butter’s benefits: (1) it is rich in powerful antioxidants, vitamins (A, C, & E) and minerals that help reduce degeneration of skins cells (aka, fights wrinkles), improves elasticity of the skin, and offers protection again the sun’s UV radiation, (2) powerful anti-inflammatory agent, good for bug bites, rashes, wounds, scars, and poison ivy/oak, (3) beneficial for the scalp and hair, and (4) excellent for eczema, dry skin, and other skin conditions.
My lotion recipes are by far the most poplar posts on the blog. I often receive emails asking to purchase my lotions. I had a few lotion ingredients left on hand, so I decided to make a video (see below) and demonstrate how EASY it is to make lotion. I use my homemade lotions solely on my face and body. Once you start making your own lotions you will say goodbye to the overpriced chemical filled store brands (even the ones that are “all natural” have something in them you don’t want or need). I’m happy to say that along with a clean whole foods allergy-conscious diet, my homemade lotions have helped irradiated eczema in my home. My son and husband suffer no more! So happy about that. So if you are looking to improve your skin or looking to tame eczema, you might want to give homemade lotions a try, and start with this mango butter recipe…it’s amazing!
Please note there are affiliate links in the recipe. Thank you.
- 16 ounces raw organic shea butter
- 5 ounces raw organic mango butter
- 3 tablespoons evening primrose oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable glycerine
- 3 droppers full of sea buckthorn seed oil
- Start by cutting the mango butter into small chunks and melt
- Then cut the shea butter into small chunks and add to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the melted mango butter to the shea butter and blend.
- Add in the other ingredients of your choice and blend.
- Add the soft, liquid lotion to jars and enjoy all year long.
*The vegetable glycerine is optional.
*If you need jars, these are super cute with easy lids.
This post was shared on the following link parties: Mix it up Monday, Busy Monday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Keep it Simple, Munching Mondays, Amaze Me Monday, Show and Tell Tuesday Link Party, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Waste Not Want Not Wednesdays, Full Plate Thursday