Hello Friends. The Holiday season is upon us…are you feeling the stress yet (ha ha). Personally, the process of purchasing gifts totally stresses me out. So to simplify life and decrease that pesky stress, I like to do homemade gifts for family and friends. Hands down, it’s always so appreciated and well received. I start by making a list of family, friends, and “other” (school teachers, co-workers, piano teacher, childcare, etc) and then decide on what I am going to make. This year I am doing a gift bag with a homemade candle, jar of homemade spiced nuts, tea, mandarins, and small jar of honey. I might also add my favorite Raw Pepperminty Nutty-Roons – we will see how motivated I feel. The last two years I made my popular homemade granola which you should definitely try. It’s soooo good!! This year I making something new…candles! I have wanted to make candles for years. Last year I bought a bunch of supplies but never got around to testing them out. And you know what, it’s ridiculously easy. I have both beeswax and soy and started with the soy (it’s so pretty and white). The process is easy as well as fun and not to mention fast. I’m super excited about adding a sweet little homemade candle to my gift bags this year. Yay! xo, -Amber
- 1 pound of soy flakes
- 4 ounce jars (any jar will work)
- Low smoke wicks
- Fragrance of choice (essential oils are great)
- Hot glue wick to the bottom of a 4 ounce jar and tie the wick it around a stick and place across the top of jar.
- Measure out 8 ounces of soy flakes and melt on a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Add in 8 drops of fragrance to melted soy flakes and mix.
- Pour mixture into 4 ounce jar.
- Allow to cool completely then cut wick, leaving about an inch.
- Decorate. How cute is that!!!
You can see all my candle making supplies here on my Amazon page.
A great tip is to fill a large glass Pyrex with soy wax (shown in the above picture is a 4 cup Pyrex) and set the crock pot to high. About an hour later it’s all melted and ready to go.
And for containers, I found these adorable little 4 ounce tins on Amazon. Look how cute these are as gifts. LOVE!
This post was shared on the following link parties: Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Savoring Saturdays,