-2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
-1 cup chopped yellow onions
-3 tablespoons oil
-1/4 cup filtered water
-2 teaspoons garlic granules (or 2 chopped garlic cloves)
-1 teaspoon salt
-6 to 8 lemon slices
-0.3 ounces fresh thyme with stems (about 7 small stems)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Arrange the chicken in a large glass Pyrex baking dish. Add the oil, water, salt, garlic granules, sprinkle the onions around, top with two lemon slices per chicken breast, and fresh thyme.
3. Cover and bake for 35 minutes. Make sure internal temp is at least 180 degrees. I use my stainless steel baking sheet as a cover (I don’t use foil in my kitchen).
4. When the chicken is done, remove each breast from the baking dish and let rest on a plate
5. Now make the gravy
-All the liquid from baked chicken (just over 1 cup)
-2 of the baked lemon slices
-1/2 teaspoon garlic grans (or 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh)
-1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons raw cashews
-Salt and pepper to taste
1. Remove all the thyme and baked lemons from the baking dish (reserve 2 lemon slices).
2. Pour all the liquid, including all the onions, and the 2 baked lemon slices from the baking dish into a blender.
3. To the liquid add the cashews, garlic, and salt/pepper (if needed).
4 Blend on high for 20 seconds and until smooth and creamy.
5. Add more cashews for thicker gravy, add some water to thin it out.
*I use a lot of garlic granules because garlic is not always in season at my Coop. I rely on garlic granules (which I purchase in bulk).