If you love cupcakes (and come on…who doesn’t) then you must get your hands on a copy of Anna Belle’s cookbook dedicated to all things cupcakes and frosting: Sweet Secrets!!! She uses gluten and grain free flours, many dairy free ingredients, and alternative sweeteners. Get this cookbook just in time for Valentine’s Day!
Chocolate Chip Cookie
healthy recipe found on page 84:
German Chocolate Cupcakes
Ingredients for Cupcake:
-1 ¼ C Blanched, Slivered Almonds
-1 ¼ C Unsweetened, Coconut Flakes
-1/3 C Erythritol
-1/2 C Palm Sugar or 1/3 t Stevia
-2/3 C Chopped Yellow Sweet Potato or Yam
-1 C Packed Baby Spinach or Chopped Zucchini
-1 C Chopped Apple with peel
-1/3 C Cocoa Powder
-1 T Vanilla Extract
-1 t Almond Extract
-1/4 t Sea Salt
-2 LG Eggs and 2 LG Egg Whites
-(reserve yolks for Frosting)
-2 T Coconut Flour
-2 t Baking Powder
Ingredients for Coconut Pecan Frosting:
-2 Egg Yolks
-3/4 C Heavy Cream or Coconut/Nut Milk
-1/3 C Erythritol
-1/2 C Palm Sugar
-1 C Chopped Pecans
-3/4 C Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
-2 T Coconut Oil
-2 T Honey
1. Position your oven rack to lower portion of oven.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line Muffin Pan
with 12 Cupcake Paper Liners and set aside.
3. In your Food Processor fitted with the S Blade, add
the Almonds, Coconut Flakes and Sweetener.
4. Process for 2 or 3 minutes until it’s powdery.
5. Add the Sweet Potato or Yam, Spinach or Zucchini,
Apple, Cocoa Powder, Extracts, Salt and process until
6. Add the Eggs and continue to process another
minute until smooth and well blended.
7. Combine the Coconut Flour with the Baking Powder
and add while the machine is running. Blend for a
minute, then let set another minute.
8. Open the lid and check the Batter. It should be the
consistency of thick pancake batter. If it is too thin,
add another Tablespoon of Coconut Flour and blend
9. Using an Ice Cream Scoop, fill the Cupcake Liners
about 3/4 full.
10. Bake about 12 minutes at 375, then turn the temperature down to 325 and continue baking about 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.