If you love cupcakes (and come on…who doesn’t) then you must get your hands on a copy of Anna Belle’s cookbook dedicated to all things cupcakes and frosting: Sweet Secrets!!! She uses gluten and grain free flours, many dairy free ingredients, and alternative sweeteners. Get this cookbook just in time for Valentine’s Day!
Category Archives: giveaways
In order to qualify for this giveaway, you MUST subscribe to Tropical Traditions Email Sales Newsletter (this is a mandatory entry). This will be verified.
After you subscribe
enter below to win
(10 possible entries)
Please click HERE to view all the amazing products Tropical Traditions has to offer. In addition to coconut oil, they sell grass fed beef, organic soy free eggs, organic soy free chicken, coconut water vinegar, coconut flour, shredded coconut, coconut cream concentrate, nontoxic cleaning products, and more!
Click HERE to visit the healthy buyers club!
Want to make healthy snacks for your children?
If you answered yes to even one of these questions, then this book is for you.
This is a book devoted entirely to desserts, breads, and treats.
All of Ricki’s recipes are vegan and 100% free of: gluten, dairy, and cane-sugar.
Naturally Sweet and Gluten Free is a wonderful reference. Ricki shares her personal story and relationship with sugar from childhood to present day. She shares her low points and triumphs and her transition to permanent whole-food living without animal products and cane-sugar. Ricki states, “Today I enjoy a whole-food diet filled with delicious foods and no absence of treats.”
If Ricki can do it, so can you! Let Ricki be your guide into a healthier lifestyle, let her show you how to have a positive relationship with the foods so often placed “off limits.” Don’t deprive yourself, celebrate food and celebrate health with Naturally Sweet and Gluten Free!
When reviewing a cookbook, I prefer to test several recipes and provide feedback for my readers, so continue reading for my recipe reviews. And at the end of this post you can enter to win your very own copy of Naturally Sweet and Gluten Free.
Here is Manda’s comment:
Before we jump into the giveaway, I want to share two product reviews with you. Here’s my honest opinion about these products.
Black Charcoal,black Walnut Hull And Vodka Detox
& Acne Soap Bar, for Face & Body 6oz
I don’t have a huge issue with face or body acne (just your typical monthly acne), but I love charcoal (I take it internally for bloating) and so I was totally intrigued by this soap. I can honestly say, after using this soap for about a week, that it did help clear up the small clogged pours on my chest, shoulder, and back. Just a few things to consider: (1) it’s black (obviously) so it will transfer onto your shower and make a bit of a mess if you don’t have a nice spot for bar soap, and (2) it has a fairly strong scent. I asked for the full ingredient list to make sure there wasn’t anything synthetic or unnatural in there. It all checked out, but just be mindful of the scent factor. It’ not totally overwhelming, but I have pretty severe chemical sensitivity, so everything smells strong to me.
(here is the full list of ingredients: soap–glycerin soap, vodka, charcoal powder,black walnut powder, natural fragrance face wash– distilled water, charcoal, sulfur, tea tree oil, lime oil, vitamin b3, xantham gum )
Premium Acne Face Wash With
Charcoal, sulfur And B3, 6oz
I’m a total snob when it comes to facial cleansers. I mean really, I have very high standards. It has to be completely all natural, not overly drying, and it must effortlessly remove all my eye make-up without stinging my eyes. I was happy to find that this charcoal face wash removed all my eye make up and did not sting a bit. It is a little drying in my skin, but understandable giving this is a acne face wash, but nothing too extreme. My husband likes this product as well.
~Diva Stuff Giveaway~
If you’re interested in trying Diva Stuff Products, you can enter to win 5-piece beauty bundle (a $40 value).
Here’s what the bundle includes:
1- Honey Lime Face Scrubbies—glycerin soap, honey, lime oil
1-Ancient Mayan Secret Chocolate Mint Face Mask
1-Fountain of Youth Wrinkle Cream
1- Pampering Peppermint Foot Cream
1-Orange Cream Cupcake Lip Balm
Here’s how to enter:
You have 4 ways to enter and therefore 4 chances to win!
1. Like the Tasty Alternative on FB and leave me a comment saying you are a new fan or established fan.
2. Like Diva Stuff on their FB page and leave me a comment saying you are a new fan.
3. Leave a comment here sharing what Diva Stuff product you would like to try.
4. Share this giveaway on FB and leave me a quick comment saying you shared (I will check the shares on the FB post to confirm).
Guidelines and Details:
1. The giveaway is available to US readers only. However, international orders are welcome on the website
2. The contest will end on Thursday August 8th (at 11:00 pm) and a winner will be announced by random.org and announced on August 9th.
3. The contest winner will have 24 hours to claim the prize Please email me within 24 hours. I will continue to pick random entries until the prize is claimed.
4. A good way to keep updated on the contest is to follow The Tasty Alternative via email. Visit The Tasty Alternative and find “Follow By Email” option on the left sidebar.
5. Can’t wait for the contest winner announcement Diva Stuff is offering 1st time customers 20% off by using this code during checkout: DIVAVP20
6. As you know, The Tasty Alternative is a green living blog, dedicated to decreasing waste and advocating for the use of non-toxic materials. I do no support companies that use Styrofoam as packaging, and I’ve asked Diva Stuff to please use paper and other easily recyclable materials in their packaging.
Shared on: Inspire Me Monday, Motivate Me Monday, Weekend Whatever Link-up, Sunday School Full Plate Thursday, Tasty Traditions, Fat Tuesdays, Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways, Whole Food Wednesdays, Real Food Wednesday, Allergy-Free Wednesdays, SaltTree Social, Titus 2sday, Hearth & Soul Hop, Fat Tuesday, Show Me What You Got Linky, Creative Corner Hop and Better Mom Mondays.
I’m absolutely thrilled to share this review and cookbook with you today! AND offer you your very own copy along with two extra goodies (see below on how to enter the giveaway)
May I introduce you to the wonderful cookbook: Culinary Creativity by Dawn Allen (who authors the blog Cuter Than Gluten). Let me tell you what this cookbook is all about here right off the bat and what you’ll find. All 110 recipes found in this cookbook are gluten free, dairy free, cane-sugar free, soy free, baker’s yeast free, and nightshade free (and 105 of the recipes can be corn free). Oh yes, that’s right. Dawn has created an amazing cookbook for those of us who eat an alternative diet AND for those of us who love amazing food. I don’t know if there is another cookbook out there like this? Let me tell you, I’m so glad Dawn came along and created one.
(I just love that).
2. Each recipe comes with a picture (also love that).
3. Every recipe has full nutritional content (listed in the back in Appendix II) – so you know the calories, fat, fiber, sugar, etc., of each recipe (that’s pretty awesome).
5. The recipes are easy to make and the instructions are easy to follow and every page is nicely organized. It’s compact and easy to handle.
Okay on to the recipes…
The first recipe I made was a red sauce. It’s Dawn’s version of a pasta sauce (made with beets). I’ll admit, I was skeptical of this recipe as I’m such a huge tomato sauce lover. But let me tell you, it’s amazing. I was astounded by the flavor. And my kids LOVED it too. They both asked for seconds of the “pink pasta.” Even my husband was surprised by how much it tasted like a tomato based sauce. There is just a slight hit of beet. This recipe was huge for me, as I’ve come to realize nightshades really irritate my digestion and contribute to inflammation. I’ve been feeling great since following Dawn’s nightshade free recipes!
Red Sauce (page 118)
vegan, gluten free, dairy free
Here I’ve made another three separate recipes into one dinner. The baked beans are flavorful and hearty, the cabbage is sweet and tart, and the pesto chicken burger is moist and the pesto is balanced perfectly. I think the pesto burger is just so smart. These three recipes and the above recipes are in my weekly dinner rotation.
Stovetop “Baked” Beans (page 96)
Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage (page 98)
Pesto Chicken Burger (page 87)
And finally, some fun snacks. I was very interested in the almond “cheese” recipe from the getgo. It was very easy to make. It has a slightly spongy texture (at least mine did, and I think this is from the agar agar). It has a nice smokey flavor and is just delightful on the crackers (that I made with 3 times more garlic that the recipe called for). The crackers have 7 ingredients and you can add so many different herbs and flavors. They are made with a garbanzo/fava bean flour. My son really enjoyed these with the “cheese.”
Crackers (page 168)
Almond Cheese (page 115)
Dal (page 93)
Shared on: Fat Tuesdays, Allergy-Free Wednesdays,
(winners chosen at random by Random.org)
Winner #1. Kristin Overton
Winner #2. Tayla Anne
(two winners did not respond – added two new winners on 8/28/12)
Winner #3. Adrienne @ Whole New Mom
Winner #4. deb M
You have 72 hours to contact me via email to claim your prize.
1. My children’s oatmeal
2. Tart smoothies
3. Homemade chocolate
4. Homemade ice creams
5. Herbal teas
6. Iced teas
7. Salad dressings
*Please note that stevia is not used or recommended on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD).
This Contest is now closed (8/19/12)
1. Like The Tasty Alternative on FB (and leave a comment after doing so)
2. Like NuNaturals on FB (and leave a comment after doing so)
3. Share this giveaway on your FB page (and leave a comment after doing so) – I will check your FB, so no need to leave a link.
1. This giveaway is open to entries worldwide!
2. Giveaway closes on August 19th – the winners will be announced on August 20th.
3. The winners will be chosen at random. And the winners will have 72 hours to contact me via email to claim their prize. NuNaturals will ship directly to the winners.
Want to check out more products by NuNaturals? Visit their website and earn 15% off your order with this code: BLG1212 (offer valid until December 31, 2012).
*I was not paid for this review or giveaway. I was sent several NuNatrual products to try. All opinions about these products are my own.
Shared on: Fat Tuesday
Congratulations to the lucky winners!!