I was so excited to finally make some pumpkin bread last week! It’s been so darn hot here that baking felt quiet unappealing. This year I made my own gluten-free flour mix, and it worked great for this recipe – yay! If any of you fine folks out there have been following me since I started blogging four years ago, you will know that baking has been a journey for me. I have been experimenting for a couple of years now and I’m happy to say that baking no longer feels like a burden or chore, rather, it’s something I enjoy. It goes to show you that practice makes perfect, err, practice makes comfortably okay. Ha ha. Baking is never perfect, right. I hope you enjoy this recipe. I’ve made it several times with both my gluten-free mix and the suggested flours in the notes section of the recipe. It’s been well received by family and friends. So enjoy…and happy fall. Oh and it rained today! So cozy and wonderful. So happy. xo
- 3 cups all purpose gluten free flour mix ( 405 grams) - or see below in notes
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- Pumpkin seeds for garnish (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups plain homemade pumpkin puree or plain canned.
- ½ cup walnut oil
- ½ to ¾ cup water*
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 10 drops of stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add all the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
- *Add additional water if the mixture is too thick. The thickness of the batter will depend on which pumpkin use or if it's fresh or canned. Add up to ¾ cup water.
- Grease a bread pan (I use a glass pan) and add in the batter.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds (optional).
- Bake for 65 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire cooling rack.
1 cup white rice flour (165 grams)
2/3 cup sorghum flour (80 grams)
2/3 cup millet flour (80 grams)
1/2 cup tapioca starch (65 grams)
1½ teaspoons xanthan gum
The recipe shared on the following link parties: Allergy Free Wednesdays, Thursday Recipe Round-Up.