-2 cups cooked green lentils (shown with yellow lentils above, but these are hard to find, so green lentils are great and actually much more flavorful)!
-1/4 cup tahini
-1/4 cup lemon juice
-1/2 cup roasted garlic (or 2 teaspoons garlic granules)
-1/2 teapsoon salt
-1/3 cup oil of choice (more if needed)
1. To prepare lentils: soak 1 cup lentils up to 6 hours. After the soak, discard water. Cook lentils with 1 1/2 cups water (bring to boil then cover for about 15 minutes) until water is absorbed.
2. In food processor fitted with the s-blade, blend cooled lentils, tahini, lemon, garlic and salt.
3. Drizzle in oil, add more if needed
4. Garnish with dried apricots and pine nuts – this hummus is super yummy with the contrasting flavor of dried apricots!
5. Store in airtight container in fridge.
Shared on: Fat Tuesdays, Traditional Tuesdays, Wellness Weekend & Pennywise Platter