It’s warming up here in these parts. A heat wave is moving through right now and pushing temps into the 90s. Therefore cool, refreshing dishes are in demand. It will drop back down to cooler temps next week, and let’s hope May is nice and mild. May is usually our last month of decent weather before the searing summer heat blankets our region. But it’s all good. I love the summer and I’m no stranger to hot, dry heat. As a child I grew up in the desert near Death Valley (in Southern California) – so bring it on. I was at Costco the other day and found organic, fair-trade mini seedless watermelons. Awesome-sauce! They are super delicious and so sweet. I’m thinking this would be a great dish for any summer gathering.
- 1 small watermelon (3½ pounds) - preferably seedless
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together. Refrigerate for an hour and serve.
2. You could also add additional fruit or replace the strawberries with the following: honeydew melon, crenshaw melon, cantaloupe, raspberries, or blueberries.
Shared on the following link parties: Fat Tuesdays, Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Raw Foods Thursdays, AIP Recipe Roundtable, Plant Based Potluck Party, Wellness Weekend, Whole Food Fridays Savoring Saturdays,